We aim to minimise the level of current tenant arrears in a sensitive and supportive manner based on advice and counselling. We promote effective communication with tenants proactively encouraging a positive payment culture.
Housing staff will provide advice and guidance for tenants who have difficulty in paying rent. Whilst ‘Recovery of Possession’ (eviction) of property is a last resort, the Association needs to protect its income and will take action against tenants who fail to pay their rent.
Need Help Dealing With Arrears?
We currently provide a benefits advice service for our tenants.
We have an advisor who can:
- Carry out an income maximisation check to ensure you are in receipt of your full benefit entitlement
- Assist with making benefit claims and completion of application forms
- Help you with any benefit related issues
- Assist with appealing decisions and representation at tribunals
- Advise on debt related matters
- Negotiate with creditors on your behalf
Find more information or book an appointment.