Finance and ICT
The Finance section is headed up by Craig Porter and consists of five members of staff.
Our Finance team is responsible for:
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Ensuring the Association has robust budgeting and business planning processes in place
- Completion and submission of statutory returns
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts and the administration of all banking arrangements
- Meeting annual audit deadlines and preparing end of year financial statements
- Ensuring the Association’s suppliers are paid on time
- Administration and submission of insurance claims
Rent and Debt
Rent Increase and Service Charge calculation work also forms a significant part of the workload within this section, along with the invoicing of all factored owners in compliance with the Factoring Act.
The Finance team deals with debt recovery from tenants for chargeable repairs, and former tenants' rent arrears, as well as for factored owners and sundry debts.
All financial enquiries from staff members, contractors and owners on factoring matters are dealt with by this team.
The ICT service is delivered by an internal resource of an ICT Officer enhanced by external support suppliers. The Head of Finance is accountable for the ICT service. The ICT Officer ensures the management and support of all internal ICT systems, and is responsible for the relationships with external ICT suppliers.
The Association maintains a contractual relationship with an external network support supplier, to provide additional expertise when required.
All ICT equipment and software purchases are the responsibility of the ICT Officer. Any purchases would be discussed with the support supplier prior to purchase, to ensure all compatibility aspects have been considered. The ICT Officer ensures that equipment is working as expected, so the organisation can achieve its operational objectives.